- To keep Council informed of important matters affecting youth.
- To host youth programs, workshops, and conduct surveys to address concerns and needs that affect youth
- To be a positive advocate for youth.
- To support events created by the committee that relates to the mandate
- To provide leadership experience for youth
It is the vision of the committee to provide a communication link between the youth of Schreiber and Council and to encourage facilities and programs that will enhance the quality of life, health and well being of youth in our community.Term
the minimum term of office is one school year ( September to June). Once appointed, Committee Members will be considered for reappointment for the duration of their high school enrollment. At the completion of each year the staff liaison will recommend to Council the reappointment of active and contributing Committee Members. The committees success hinges on the experience guidance of returning members. Students may choose to reapply due to competing priorities.
- To chair all meetings of Schreiber youth committee.
- to all agendas for the committee meetings with assistance of the Recreation Programmer.
- To motivate individual Committee members
- To delegate appropriate task or responsibilities to individual committee
- to network with student councils and other youth organization
responsibility of the secretary
1. take minutes for all committee meetings and email to the recreation programmer
2. to ensure committee meeting summaries are clear and concise. Motions must be recorded
3. to record names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of committee members.
4. responsible for the official of committee members at all meetings.
5. to mark the official correspondence of the committee.
6. to mark attendance of committee members at meetings
7. to advice the chair and the recreation programmer of any committee members that have missed three meetings.
8. to send reminders for regular monthly meetings